Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Why Go Adventuring??

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sg/20050516a

Above is a website article that is so true. It is good reading and I'm glad Typhoid X brought it to my attention.

I must say that it is the reponsibility of the Players to find a reason why their character would join a group, and why thier character is willing to risk their lives adventuring. In my experience when a DM forces a group together it rarely ends up with good group cohesion. In my games a group the isn't a team usually dies around 7th level. This is mainly because I quite playing creatures with 3 intelligence and lower, and start using real strategy to create challanges. A divided group usually doesn't last too long.

No I know that some players are Roll-players (those who are more into the wargaming aspect of D&D... *cough* Typhoid X *cough*) and not Role-Players (those who can play a whole game without opening their dice bags) but when a both players make an effort to work together, I've found games were much more interesting and fun. Plus it makes the DMs life much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home