Thursday, January 19, 2006

g20 the Generic d20 system

For a little while now I've been compling a set of generic, basic break down of d20 concepts. I've collected most of the info from unearthed arcana, and I am in the works or making a Generic bare bones d20 kit to use between all genres.

The rules set has some key differences that I would like to try in a campaign. Things like defense bonue, armor giving DR instead of AC, Weapon Group Proficiencies, and a point based spellcasting system that utilizes a Magic Rating. I am gathing the data from d20srd.org, and will offer the rules set when I am closer to completion

This kit will consist of only 3 classes, Expert, Spellcaster, Warrior, (and later Psychic for a 4th unless I combine it with the spellcaster). The classes will be designed to allow for choice of skills, saves, and abilities, I also utilize the accelerated feat system. All classes recieve a magic rating.

Magic is divided between Arcane, Divine, Nature, (maybe psionic later), and each type is tied to a different ability score. Arcane (INT) requires study, Divine (WIS) requires will of faith, and Nature (CHA) because one seeks harmony with nature.

I am also throwing out the alignment system and replacing it with a loose point based Purity and Taint system which will tie directly into the Book of Vile Darkness, and book of exalted deeds, AND will affect things like smite good/evil, and some spells.

Prestige classes will not affect a characters BAB, SAVES, SKILLS, or FEATS, but will allow the player to select PrC abilities as bonus feats when appropriate...(I will need to play test this extensively to see how it works)

Just a little ramble about some ideas I've had...been working on this for a while now and decided to break it out and work on it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I actually have created a system I call "g20" - my initials are gbh2, hence g20 :)

I have some ideas VERY similar to yours. You mention "taint", we use "corruption". We use weapon groups, and point based casting. It's similar to Rolemaster, but better in every way.

Feel free to take a look at my books: http://www.strayhold.com/RMBooks/g20/

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home