Saturday, March 18, 2006

Open RP System (My own rpg rules)

For a while now I've been buidling my own set of RPG mechanics. I've been working and tweaking the system since about november refining it as I played out various aspects. I feel that now I have developed enough of the rules to possibly start play testing them.

These rules are based on several aspects of other systems I liked and wanted to implement into one system. It uses multiple dice, d20 to determine most of the character actions. It is a abstract progression instead of using levels, and character generation is a mix between random rolling and player choice to customize to their liking. I pulled imspirations from a multitude of systems...d20, palladium, GURPS, Dominion Rules, Cursed Empire, and Unisystem.

I made combat lethal and realistic, but as of yet I'd need to play test it to make sure its not too bulky. However, the players will need to both utilize positioning and body hit location in combat. A shot to the head will most likely kill the person. And combat is more interactive with the characters rolling to parry and dodge.

Magic and Psychic powers are integrated easily for campaigns where those exist, as well as cybernetics.

I am also aiming to give alot of control the GMs, by trying to make the system settle into the background, and using body location damage to show actual injury affects.

As I progress with these rules I will probably want to assemble a team of play testers to try various genres, and to get critiques and ideas to add to the system. Eventually I would like to publish these rules as a core set for free, and then start building genre books and campaign settings.

Already I have the basics for character creation, character progression, and combat finished. Next I will be assembling equipment, psychic powers, magic and cybernetics. In the far future I would will build races, and character concepts for different genres.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home