Friday, February 03, 2006

Conception

On 1 Feb and 2 Feb 06 I went to the UK RPG Conception. Which from what I've read by digging around the first RPG convention. I don't know how big it is compared to GenCon UK but maybe I will find out.

I was a blast and I was quite saddened because I could only stay for 2 of the 5 days. The location was great and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and accomidated me even though I didn't book rooms and showed up with my wife and child.

I ran a short but rather fun game with Geekling and Jester UK...we played a d20 Future game where they were escaping "Neo-London" which was invaded by aliens.

The night before I played Call of Cthulu, which was set in a WWII setting in Burma. The game was great but for reasons beyond my control I had to leave early. At my request, the GM made sure my character died well in the Cthulu fashion...along with some friendly fire.

I also picked up a new game...the Crimson Empire (also known as the Cursed Empire). The setting intrigued me as does the mechanics of the game. I hope sometime soon, either online or face to face I get to try this game.

Its a dark gritty setting where combat is intense and lethal (even after your character advances), and there are some very original concepts...

Like the Darkun Zealots...if used as a PC you play the character to die in a glorious death to further the cause and reputation of the cult. Then as that PC dies you write up another who benefits from the previous character's death...

Another is the fact that humans, elves, dwarves, and other races were all created by a superior race who was overthrown, which ties all the races together, like different breeds of animals.

Well I put the website in the link list to the right. It place where you can DL the character sheet, a character calculator on excel, and a basic outline on how to create characters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home