Friday, March 13, 2009

Feeling Dirty: 4E never thought I'd like it.

I gotta say that with the web support products the WotC has 4E is looking to be a good game. I understand that too many players are calling it "Paper WoW" and for the most part that is true. But the game system is pretty solid, you can still Role Play, and in the current game I'm playing I'm actually seeing how the game is broken down.

Sure at first 4E lacked depth, and there was that bitterness of WotC switching systems YET AGAIN but truthfully I was getting bored with d20. The vancian spell system always bothered me and power creep hit the system like a flood, rather than a trickle whih plagued other game systems.

SoI must say that 4E has rekindled my interest in D&D, and the idea of playing in a Fantastic world is appealing again. I'm no longer bored with elves or pressed to play only Humans because they are the only thing that survives.

My only fear is WotC switching systems all over agian in only a couple years. I understand they need to make a profit and I'm willing to support a game that will be around for a while. The whole subscription support idea seems to keep a steady cash flow for them, so lets hope they don't somehow fuck that up.

Anyways, I'm looking into getting more miniatures, and the Token sets I found look to be great editions to the game.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home